Practitioner Panel seeks volunteers
09 July 2019
09 July 2019
Personal Finance Society
Two years ago the Personal Finance Society formed a Financial Planning Practitioner Panel to help deliver skills training and encourage good practice sharing amongst members.
The panel is chaired by Past PFS President Sharon Sutton and facilitated by consultant Steve Gazzard. There are twelve expert practitioners who volunteer their time; current panel members (from 18/09/18) are:
- Garry Hale, Managing Director, HK Wealth Managers
- Paul Hamer, Director, Advisa Financial Services
- Jane Hodges, Director, Money Honey Financial Planning
- Julie Lord, Chief Executive, Magenta Financial Planning
- Brendan O'Ciobhain, Managing Director, Phoenix Wealth Management
- Duncan Parkes, Director, Old Mill Financial Planning
- Adrian Quick, Director, HarperLees
- Damien Rylett, Managing Director, Brunel Capital Partners
- Gemma Siddle, Director of Client Services, Eldon Financial Planning
- Ruth Sturkey, Client Director, Paradigm Norton
- Sharon Sutton, Managing Director, Thornton Chartered Financial Planners
- Anthony Villis, Managing Partner, First Wealth
- Alasdair Walker, Director, Hunter Aitkenhead & Walker Ltd
Since launching the panel has helped us to deliver a range of good practice guides, conferences, workshops and videos, under the POWER of Financial Planning sub brand, with a dedicated website at pfspower.org.
New volunteers will be committing to a three year term, which includes four formal meetings each year (two face to face and two virtual). With initial staggering of terms for original panel members we now have vacancies for three new panel members. Further details are available in the Terms of Reference (Doc).
Members wishing to be considered for one of the vacancies should complete the application form (Doc) in the first instance and email it to email@example.com. The closing date for 2019 applications is 18:oo GMT on Friday 9 August. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 23 August. The first meeting applicable to new members will be a face to face meeting in London on Thursday 19 September.