Financial planning stars applauded at Personal Finance Awards
29 November 2019
02 December 2019
Personal Finance Society
Glasgow-based VWM Wealth Ltd has been named the Personal Finance Society’s Chartered Firm of the Year.
The winners of the Personal Finance Awards 2019 were announced last night (28 November) by comedian Jo Caulfield, which took place this year at the International Conference Centre in Birmingham.
VWM Wealth Ltd was chosen to pick up the Chartered Firm of the Year due to the way it engages with charities, seeks feedback from clients to shape what if offers and works closely with universities to attract the next generation of financial advisers.
Lisa Johnstone, Managing Director and Chartered Financial Planner at VWM Wealth Ltd, said:
“Our firm is about constant learning and improvement. We want to share what works for us and want them to share their experiences. We are pleased to win this award, which recognises how we strive for excellence.”
Picking up the award for Chartered Financial Planner of the Year was Gemma Siddle, Director of Eldon Financial Planning.
Ms Siddle wowed judges by explaining how she ditched her plans to enter the legal profession to take up a job that meant she could truly change people’s lives – financial planning.
The PFS also issued two lifetime achievement awards, both of which were given posthumously to Caroline Mitchell of the Financial Ombudsmen Service, and the second to Linda Woodall of the FCA.
The full list of winners:
- Chartered Financial Planner of the Year – Gemma Siddle, Eldon Financial Planning
- Chartered Financial Planning Firm of the Year – VWM Wealth Ltd
- Paraplanner of the Year – Lucy Talbot, Harrison Beale & Owen
- MoneyPlanner of the Year – Andrew Grassick, Rosemount IFA
- Mortgage & Protection Specialist of the year – Darren Pike, Clear Cut Financial Planners
- Investment Specialist of the Year – Richard Jones, Oundle Wealth Management Ltd
- Retirement & Later Life Specialist of the Year – Anne McClean, Smith & Williamson
“The Personal Finance Awards celebrate excellence in the financial planning profession. Financial planning can transform people’s lives for the better and I congratulate all those who picked up a trophy for their outstanding achievements.”