Since the Government rewrote the rule book on pensions practice,
some 7,000 Financial Planners, Paraplanners and people in related
roles have enrolled for the CII's Pensions Update Programme, R08.
And over half of these have already passed the exam.
Because of the R08's continued popularity and relevance to those
wanting to develop and test their knowledge of pension reforms, the
unit will remain available until at least 31 August 2017.
2016/17 enrolments open in July
Enrolments for the 2016/17 tax year and testing period will open
in July, with exams running from 01 September 2016 to 31 August
Current enrolments, based on the 2015/16 tax year and testing
period, run until 31 August. During July, 2015/16 enrolees yet to
pass the exam will have the option to extend their enrolment and
update their study text to the 2016/17 edition, for a reduced fee
(£32 for members and £42 for non-members).
What R08 covers
The R08 Pensions Update Programme covers:
- changes to the HMRC tax regime introduced by the Taxation of
Pensions Act 2014;
- new legislative, reporting and compliance requirements arising
from the pension reforms;
- developments in pension provision;
- changes in the rules for members transferring their
- changes to pension income options;
- changes being made to State pension provision from 06 April
- key factors when advising a client how to derive a retirement
To enrol or to find out more click here