My Personal Finance Skills
The My Personal Finance Skills pro bono initiative delivers financial education workshops to schools and colleges across the UK through a network of Education Champions (members) and aims to be the largest programme of its type in the UK.
The My Personal Finance Skills programme offers schools free workshops covering elements of financial education to schools with themes relevant to students' life stage. Themes include my future finances, staying safe from financial scams, understanding your first payslip and understanding attitude to risk and how that impacts decision making.
The financial education material has undergone a process of piloting in schools and has also been awarded the financial education Quality Mark supported by Money Advice Service after fulfilling the following criteria:
- Developed in consultation with a teacher or educationalist and tested with young people in the target group
- Having a dedicated Theory of Change and evaluation plan
- Having a principle focus on financial education
- Including opportunities for structured learning
- Engaging and relevant for young people
- Clearly written and easy to use
- Containing accurate, up-to-date information and are free of branding
Prior to the development of the financial education material, a Theory of Change session took place to establish the goals of this pro bono initiative. You can see what was outlined in the Theory of Change (PDF).
We also have a successful track record of delivering the well-known Discover Fortunes games across the UK.
Watch the video below to find out how you can become an Education Champion on the programme and give something back to your local community.