The Personal Finance Society is looking for two Member Directors to serve on the Board and would ideally like to encourage members who are paraplanners or who work at small advice firms (up to five advisers) to apply to ensure that there is knowledge of these sectors on the Board. The Personal Finance Society Board currently comprises of seven Member Nominated Directors, two Institute Directors and a Lay Director. The PFS Nominations Committee is seeking applications from potential candidates who are able to contribute towards the Society’s objectives. The PFS is committed to helping its members raise the bar by meeting the regulatory challenges and beyond.
Our mission is
“To lead the financial advice community towards higher levels of professionalism through a wide programme of activities, including advocacy, guidance, publications and related tools, and training and educational events."
The PFS believes that Board and Committee members should come from all walks of life, reflecting society, to help them understand people's needs and make better decisions. For this reason we would like to encourage a wide and diverse range of individuals to apply for this position.
Your duties as a director would be:
- To contribute to the strategic direction of the Society. Implementation of the strategy is the role of the full time staff.
- To monitor the progress of the Society against plan and in so doing hold the management to account.
- To attend approximately six board meetings per year.
- To attend at least a full day’s strategic planning session each year.
There are also member facing duties which include:
- Attendance at the annual officers' conference, the AGM and annual personal finance awards
- Support of the President by representing him/her at regional meetings and other events.
In total you should be dedicated to attending six board meetings a year, annual officers’ conference, personal finance awards, AGM and one regional meeting each year.
The person who is appointed to the paraplanner role will take up post after the interviews and their appointment will be ratified at the AGM. Whereas the person from a small firm will take up post after the AGM in September.
How to apply
If you are a member of the PFS who has attained DipPFS or has equivalent qualifications and are interested in putting yourself forward, please provide your PIN to Caroline Lace at email@example.com who will email an application pack. The closing date for applications is 15 January 2018 and interviews will take place on 2 March 2018.
We look forward to hearing from interested members.