Developing your financial planning expertise as you complete the Advanced Diploma should be both fulfilling and challenging. Success lies in exploiting available support and maintaining your commitment to the end goal.
If you haven't already, get your Advanced Diploma learning statement (your personalised completion requirements) and, if you're a Linkedin user, join the Linkedin support group.
Next, become familiar with the latest syllabus (noting 'assumed knowledge' Diploma units) and enrol on a study option. Case study workbooks for AF1-AF4 and the AF6 study text can be bought from the unit shop on this page and sylabuses can be downloaded from the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification page.
You can view an overview of the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning watching the short video below:
Don't overlook RevisionMate
Logging into RevisionMate (provided free with AF1-AF4 and AF6 study options) unlocks a wealth of study support tailored to your course:
- Personalised study planner - keep organised ahead of the exam
- MCQ knowledge checks - identify gaps in Level 4 knowledge
- Online study texts - target Level 4 learning where needed
- Mock exams - past papers with model answers
- Discussion forum - connect with fellow learners
Learn on the move
High-tech study lets you study on the move and when conventional study isn't practical:
- ebooks (AF1-AF4, AF6) - available as an alternative to printed workbooks, study offline using your tablet, ereader or Smartphone. Useful features (available on most devices) include annotation and navigation tools.
- MP3 audio revision (AF1, AF3, AF4) - gain assumed Level 4 knowledge and an insight into the Advanced Diploma assessment method. Also learn what key areas have featured in past exams.
Attend a revision workshop
Two day Advanced Diploma revision workshops offer valuable tutor support in the weeks leading up to the exam.
You'll receive expert tuition on key elements of the syllabus, suggestions for effective revision and techniques for the exam itself. You'll also have the opportunity to discuss specific concerns with the tutor, practise answering questions and gain feedback on your answers.
Face-to-face fact: In 2015 candidates attending a CII exam revision workshop improved their chances of exam success by up to 59%.