Regional committee nominations
Learn how to nominate for a committee role
Each of the PFS regions has its own committee and these are essential in maintaining the future growth and professional standing of the society. The committees are made up of member elected volunteers with the objective of supporting the society in achieving its objectives.
- For detailed information about the committee roles please see the Regional Committee Guidelines (PDF)
- To put a member forward for nomination please use the Officer Nomination Form (Word)
Regional committee roles
There are six official regional committee positions that members can be elected to. Each region can have as many members in role as they deem necessary and can flex the role responsibilities to suit the specific needs of their region.
- Regional Chair – A one-year post with overall responsibility for co-ordinating regional communications and activities. Chairs can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years; this can be extended at the discretion of the committee if there is no successor.
- Professional Qualifications Officer – A one-year post focused on maximising the development, training and competency of members. The post-holder will need to be familiar with CII study, tutorial and examination facilities and will advocate professional development. Professional Qualifications Officers can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.
- Membership Officer – A one-year post focused on encouraging greater member participation in regional conferences and activities, together with the recruitment of new members and retention of existing ones. Membership officers can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.
- New Professional’s Officer - The New Professional’s Officer will focus on activities that support and raise awareness of the Personal Finance Society proposition to members new to the profession (approx. sub 10 years).
- Education Outreach Ambassador - The Education Outreach Ambassador will be responsible for promoting and helping to drive local member engagement with the Education Champions, as part of the pro bono initiative which aims to deliver financial awareness sessions in schools opening this conversation with Discover Fortunes. The post-holder will support local participating members of the programme (‘Education Champions’) and work closely with the CII Relationship Manager - Education.
- Chartered Champion – A one-year post focused on promoting Chartered status and the ‘Road to Chartered’, as well as building professional relationships to put on and host educational events for Chartered members in your region. Chartered Champions can be re-elected on an annual basis to a maximum of three years.