These are core qualifications providing a grounding in insurance essentials, mortgage advice, mortgage advice and equity release, and life and pensions administration respectively. Holders are entitled to use designations highlighting their educational achievement and commitment to professional development.
Upon application for membership, the CII will let you know which designation you are eligible to use so that, where applicable, you can select the most appropriate for your circumstances.
|Certificate in Financial Planning
Passed through any combination of available exam units
|Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management
Passed through R01 and J10
|Certificate in Paraplanning
Passed through R01, R02, R03 and J09
The annual membership fee is the same for all Certificate level members and is shown opposite.
Certificate member benefits
- 'CertPFS' designation (discipline-specific as appropriate): highlighting your technical knowledge and commitment to professional development.
- Access to Knowledge Services: an online knowledge library (supplemented by a physical library in London) that provides unrivalled access to insurance and finance services material.
- Membership of a Region: providing access to a comprehensive programme of CPD courses typically covering technical training, business and soft skills, and revision courses plus business and social networking events.
- Membership of a local institute: PFS membership provides automatic membership of a local institute.
- CPD scheme for qualified members: providing a practical framework for ensuring professional development is addressed in a structured and compliant way.
- Substantial discounts: on a range of services including qualification learning materials and exam entry, and face-to-face training courses.
- Member magazine: Personal Finance Professional, covering technical, market, regulatory and UK developments.
*Please note for new members and those reinstating their membership, there will be a one off admission fee of £37.00.