As a PFS member you have access to a large number of high quality CPD events, covering a wide range of subjects. Many are delivered regionally and the majority are free to PFS members. Our online library of recordings, webinars and other CPD tools is also expanding all the time.
PFS membership gives you access to range of services to assist you in meeting your professional development needs, including:
- PFS regions and local Insurance Institutes - a regional network providing local access to seminars, technical events and lectures. Quarterly
- PFS Regional Conferences are free to members and provide dedicated CPD training.
- National technical conferences and workshops - specialist full day training on key topics and market developments
- Online recordings and events - Many PFS face-to-face CPD events are recorded and made available to members for online playback.
- Additional CPD is also available online through webinars, webcasts, podcasts and other publications.
- Knowledge Services - comprising an online knowledge library (supplemented by a physical London based library), that provides unrivalled access to insurance and finance services publications, fact files, market data and journals.
- Professional Direction - A series of guidance papers offering insight and examples on key topics.
- Personal Finance Professional - A quarterly PFS membership magazine containing technical features articles and technical updates.
Members also gain discounts on:
- Qualifications & Training courses - a framework of financial services qualification and training, delivered via the CII qualification framework and/or Face-to-Face training course offering.
- Online learning service - our online learning programme, LEARN, helping you increase your competence and skill set.
- A range of third party publications and training services.
CPD Essentials is a complete, user-friendly adviser learning and development tool. It is simple to use, and all delivered online, on-demand. Available for a single annual fee of £75 +VAT, with no hidden extras, this provides you with 12 months unlimited access to the full adviser Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme*.
Find out more here »
CPD is activity undertaken to ensure members' skills and knowledge are up-to-date. CPD is a common requirement for qualified members of professional bodies. It reflects the fact that, in today's fast changing world, knowledge gained through qualifications quickly dates and, if you are to remain competent, you must continue to develop and enhance your knowledge. Equally, eligibility for and use of member qualification designations is not simply an indicator of study completed, but also of a commitment to subsequently keeping this knowledge current and being bound by a Code of Ethics. CPD involves a process of identifying needs, carrying out activities, recording time spent and reflecting on the outcomes. CPD can include both 'structured' and 'unstructured' activities.
*Notes: CPD Essentials is not suitable for users of Financial ASSESS as the same technical learning content is present within both.
If you currently use the CPD planning and recording tool available to PFS members please read the FAQs for further information, as there is currently no functionality to migrate information between CPD Essentials and this tool.