Consumer Insight Panel
The Consumer Insight Panel is comprised of key consumer bodies and Society Board members, established to help improve consumer confidence.
The panel informs and supports us to improve consumer confidence and trust in financial advice, it has had direct influence on:
- Formation of the yourmoney website where consumers can find out about professional financial advice and search for a qualified adviser
- Introduction of a Good Practice Hub on where members can find a range of resources for use within their practices' for the benefit of the consumer
- Our thinking on public interest developments, including discussions and developments in respect of PensionWise (guidance guarantee)
The panel last met in March 2018, in which it:
- Recognised the good work we have done in our engagement with consumers and pro bono work, and thought more should be done to publicise this
- Welcomed the work we did to maintain professional standards and felt it needed to act decisively to rid the profession of 'bad apples'
- Agreed that the we needed to find different ways of reinvigorating our engagement with consumer groups
- Jonathan Rees – Chair, Lay Director, Personal Finance Society
- Sue Lewis – Chair, Financial Services Consumer Panel
- Jane Vass, Head of Public Policy, AgeUK
- Carl Pheasey, Head of Policy & Proposition, Money Advice Service
- Richard Piggin, Campaigns Manager, Which?
- Michelle Cracknell, Chief Executive, Pensions Advisory Service
- Francis McGee, Director of External Affairs, StepChange debt charity
- Nick Lord, Independent Consultant
- Nick Turner, President, Personal Finance Society
- Keith Richards, Chief Executive Officer, Personal Finance Society