Solvency II - one day course
Exploring the main principles of the new Solvency II directive
which came into force January 2016 across Europe, this course
considers the implications brought to the prudential regulation of
insurers. This course is designed for insurance professionals who
are not in specialist roles, but who will be affected by a greater
and more granular application of risk based capital management.
- The background to Solvency II and its purpose
- A general understanding of each of the three Solvency II
- Review insurer risks from the perspective of the 'Solvency II'
- Your capital model - demonstrating the Foundations
- Risk management, governance and the ORSA
- Solvency II - implications for the industry.
- Understand what Solvency II is and the implications for
insurance companies of this new European Commission
- Understand the key terminology used
- Translate the regulatory expectations - the background to
Solvency II and its objectives
- Describe the component parts - the building blocks of Solvency
- Explain the key terminology - the language of Solvency II
- Explore the key role of the capital model - the Use Test
- Understand how risk control and governance interacts with
- Explore the data and reporting requirements under the three
pillars of the legislation
- Explore the wider implications of a greater focus on risk based
Who should attend?
- Technical staff
- Compliance officers
- Finance staff
- Internal auditors.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate