Introduction to General Data Protection
Regulation - half day
This half day workshop will provide an essential guide to the
changes to data protection regulation and the preparations which
will need to be made in order to be ready for 2018.
- The new principles and governance
- The wider territory covered by the new regulation
- Appointing new Data Protection Officers
- Conditions for processing data
- New accountability
- Written records of processing
- Consent which must be obtained (and maintained)
- Fair processing notices
- Notifications of data breaches
- Privacy and other rights of data subjects
- Fines which may be imposed
- What should I be doing right now?
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the basics of the new data
- Learned about many of the things you need to be thinking
- Had the chance to discuss the new requirements with fellow
- Been able to think about your immediate priorities
Who should attend?
Anyone who has responsibilities for a business which handles and
stores individual's data and hasn't yet drawn up their full plans
for complying with the new legislation.
This workshop qualifies for 3 CPD hours