Insurance, financial and operational risk
management - one day course
Solvency ll is putting risk management on the agenda for every
insurer. There is a business imperative for practical risk
management to form an integral part of business strategy and
operational management. Risk management will feature within every
manager's job description, and will impact on day to day
responsibilities. Therefore it is becoming a core competence with
its own language, processes and tools. This core workshop
introduces risk management to non-risk managers and professionals -
what it is and how to do it.
- What is Risk? Downside and opportunity risk. Where and how a
business is vulnerable in its risk universe
- Where is risk inherent in the insurance process?
- Risk classifications: underwriting; market; credit; liquidity;
group; operational; business; strategic; reputational
- Risk management principles and processes: risk appetite;
identification; assessment; mitigation; reporting and
- Risk impact, frequency and volatility, and controllability… in
your own areas of responsibility
- The role and use of the risk register
- Risk mitigation and risk funding buffers: working capital,
solvency capital, and economic capital.
- Explore categories of risks faced by insurers, and their
- Summarise the basic principles of risk management
- Analyse and quantify risks
- Identify the fundamental processes and tools of risk
- Assign key indicators to risks and their risk
- Differentiate between working capital, economic capital and
- Assess the alternative ways of mitigating and/or funding
- Outline the responsibilities for risk management across the
- Introduce the concept of Enterprise Risk Management.
Who should attend?
Non-risk managers and professionals.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate