At the end of this unit candidates will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and skill in applying the following topic areas:
- UK financial service industry in its European and Global context;
- how the retail customer is served by the financial service industry;
- Regulatory framework, powers and responsibilities to protect the consumer;
- the legal concepts and considerations relevant to financial advice;
- the Code of Ethics and its impact on the business behaviours of individuals.