Information about the yourmoney consumer website.
- The Find an Adviser directory lists approximately 22,000 professional financial advisers in the UK and abroad.
- Advisers accredited by the Personal Finance Society (PFS), the professional body for financial advisers in the UK are listed. The PFS is part of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). The CII is an FCA Accredited Body that issues annually renewable Statements of Professional Standing (SPS) to authorised financial adviser members. An SPS is verification that an adviser satisfies a series of professionalism requirements, including the attainment of a minimum level of professional qualification.
- Find an Adviser is not a commercial enterprise - we do not charge members to be listed, or consumers to search.
- Consumers find advisers by searching by location – currently, a maximum of 50 advisers are returned in order of proximity to that location.
For members & advisers
- If you are an adviser who holds an SPS with another awarding body, then you need to hold a level 4 qualification with the CII to ensure that our system can establish your credentials as a qualified financial adviser. If you don't hold this level of qualification with the CII, but have with another body you can apply a free CII SPS.
- If you are a CII SPS holder and choose not to enhance your profile you will still appear in search results, but there will be no contact information for consumers to get in touch.
- If you are a mortgage, protection or international adviser and do not create a profile then you will not appear in search results.
- SPS holders will not be able to remove their basic profile - the gravity of the site depends on the completeness of it listing all CII SPS holders. Other adviser types that created a profile can choose later to stop appearing in search results.
- Listing is free and automatic to members of the Personal Finance Society and Society of Mortgage Professionals. Mortgage protection advisers who holds an appropriate level 3 qualification with the CII then you can be listed.
- If you work for more than one firm, you must use your main role.
- If your SPS or membership lapses you will be removed from the database, once you renew it will automatically be reinstated.
- If you are a PFS adviser member but your SPS was issued by a different Accredited Body you can still create a profile if you hold a level 4 qualification with the CII. However, we will not be able to show the validity dates for your SPS. If you don't hold a CII level qualification, then you can apply for a CII SPS free of charge.
- If you cannot find your details listed in the directory it may be because there is a large number of advisers in your location. Yourmoney searches only return the first 50 advisers closest to that location. Adding specialisms can help customers refine the results. Find out more.
- You can manage your profile online by logging in. Please ensure you check your details so they are up to date. Guide to enhancing your profile.
- Your highest CII qualification will automatically show. You can add up to 6 other qualifications & accreditations. You can also request others to be added (once approved you will be notified by email).
- If you work for a firm of Chartered Financial Planners, this will be included in your profile.
- You can select relevant specialisms to add to your profile – please note if you do not meet the requirements they will not appear. To add specialisms - edit your profile, select the specialism and tick the declaration. Your profile will display the relevant badge and you will appear in the search results when visitors search using the relevant specialisms tick box. Further information.
- Terms and Conditions