In this Insurance Institute of London (IIL) accident lecture Dipesh Patel discussed the underwriting of travel insurance, focusing on the challenges facing insurers in product perception, distribution and product servicing and the drivers of change in this market sector.
In 2016 UK insurers assisted nearly 500,000 travelers, paying out the equivalent of £1m every day. Yet it is estimated that more than one in five (22%) still travel abroad without insurance*
Dipesh talked about the challenges facing the travel insurance underwriter including:
- The perceived value of travel insurance
- Access to and distribution of travel insurance
- Medical screening and customer disclosure
- Claim servicing and cost containment consumer protection - where does insurance fit in?
- Evolving customer needs and product coverage
View the accompanying lecture slides »
Download CPD certificate »
Duration: 37 minutes