The CII Knowledge research service is intended to provide users
with timely, accurate and up-to-date information in response to
their information needs, whether a short enquiry, in-depth research
or assistance in using resources.
Information is drawn from the CII Knowledge collections, both
print and online, and through access or referral to sources outside
these collections. Information will be provided with supporting
documents in the form of bibliographies, links to online resources
and/or scanned copies of articles and/or extracts of books. Please
refer to the copying service policy for information
about conditions of supply.
Staff is committed to provide assistance to users in order to
promote greater self-sufficiency in the use of CII Knowledge
resources. Instruction will be provided via face to face inductions
using the public PC's located within the Library, over the
telephone or email and via the online publication of instruction
Scope of service
- The service is available for members and non-members. Service
to members receives priority over any other duties.
- Staff does not provide answers to technical enquiries, tax,
legal, financial or career advice. On receipt of such queries,
staff will if possible signpost users to the best suited resources
to help users find the answer to their enquiry.
- Enquiries are taken in person, over the telephone or via
- In-person enquiries take priority over email or telephone
- Email or telephone requests will be dealt with on a first come
first served basis.
- Enquiries will be replied to or acknowledged within 2 working
- All enquiries are treated in strict confidence.
- Staff relies upon information obtained from reputable and up to
date sources in order to give the most accurate and authoritative
- Should an enquiry prove to be beyond the scope of the available
resources, the user will, if possible, be referred to better suited
libraries or agencies.
- Staff will cite the source of the information provided.
- The service is free of charge for members.
- Non-members will be charged a reference fee (detailed below)
for substantial undertakings, i.e., if the information requested is
deemed to require time-consuming research detracting staff form
attending other key job responsibilities.
||Charge per day(incl VAT)
||Anyone employed full-time by an educational or non-profit
making organisation or conducting research for personal educational
purposes (proof of status required in all cases)
||Full-time students (proof of status required)
||The unemployed and pensioners (proof of status required in all
Please call 0207 417 4406 or email email@example.com.
Sources of information
CII Knowledge has unrivalled access to key market information
through its comprehensive collection of insurance and financial
Hardcopy resources available from the
CII Knowledge access to 3rd party