A list of recent book purchases by month, from January to
December 2013. To view these and the full collection, please visit
the library catalogue. Most
of these books can be borrowed by CII members, and a postal service
is available. For further information, please contact the library
at email@example.com or
call 0207 417 4415/3574.
- Principles of direct, database and digital marketing. Alan
Tapp, Ian Whitten and Matthew Housden. Pearson , 2013
- Elderly clients. Denzil Lush and Caroline Bielanska. Jordan
Publishing Litd., 2013
- Capital requirements, disclosure, and supervision in the
European insurance industry. New challenges towards Solvency
II. Maria Grazia Starita and Irma Malafronte. Plagrave
- Handbook of the economics of risk and uncertainty. Mark J.
Machina, W Kip Viscusi. North-Holland, 2013 (also available as
- Tail risk hedging. Andrew Rozanov, Ryan Mcrandal (eds). Risk
- The non-executive directors' handbook. Brian Coyle. ICSA
Ebooks, all available though Discovery:
- Future perspectives in risk models and finance. Alain
Bensoussan, Dominique Guegan and Charles S. Tapiero. Springer,
- Applied asset and risk management: a guide to modern portfolio
management and behaviour-driven markets. Marcus Schulmerish.
- China's monetary policy regulation and financial risk
prevention. Hui Zhou. Springer, 2015
- Islamic finance and economic development: risk, regulation and
corporate governance. Mohamed El Tiby, Wafif Grais. Wiley,
- Behavioural economics and finance. Michelle Baddeley. T&F,
- Plunkett's investment and securities industry almanac.
2014. Jack W Plukett. Plunkett Research, Ltd, 2013
- Solvency II handbook. Rene Doff (ed). Risk books, 2014
- The Financial Times guide to investing. Glen Arnold. Pearson
- Trust taxation and estate planning. Emma Chamberlain and Chris
Whitehouse. Sweet and Maxwell, 2014
- Financial planning with trusts: 2014 - 15. John Woolley.
Claritax Books, 2014
- Pension choices: a tax guide 2014 - 15. Robert Gaines. Claritax
- Tolley's income tax: 2014-15. David Smailes (author); Rebecca
Benneyworth (consultant editor). LexisNexis Tolley, 2014
- Tolley's tax planning: 2014-15. Robin Farrow (ed). LexisNexis
- Tolley's tax guide: 2014-15. Claire Hayes (et al). LexisNexis
policies, new reforms and current challenges. Thom Reilly (ed).
Nove Science Publishers, 2014 (ebook)
CRM: implementing data-driven, customer-centric business
strategy. Wiley, 2014 (ebook)
- Commercial mortgage loans and CMBS: developments in the
European Market. Andrew Petersen (ed.). Sweet and Maxwell,
- A modern approach to lifetime tax planning for private clients
(with precedents). Christopher Whitehouse and Lesley King. Jordans,
- The law of general average and the York-Antwerp rules. Sweet
and Maxwell, 2013
- A useful guide to CV
writing. Bryan Edwards. Pansophix, 2014 (ebook)
- How to understand and use mathematics for derivatives, Vol 1:
understanding the behaviour of markets. Dimitris N. Chorafas.
Euromoney Books, 1995
- How to understand and use mathematics for derivatives, Vol 2:
advanced modelling methods. Dimitris N. Chorafas. Euromoney Books,
- Financing trade and international supply chains: commerce
across borders, finance across frontiers. Alexander Malaket. Gower
- Research handbook on insider trading. Stephen M. Baindridge
(ed). Edward Elgar, 2013
- Handbook of research on environmental taxation. Janet E. Milne
and Mikael Skou Andersen (eds). Edward Elgar, 2012
- Research handbook on hedge funds, private equity and
alternative investments. Phoebus Athanassiou (ed). Edward Elgar,
- European securities law. 2nd ed. Edited by Raj Panasar and
Philip Boeckman. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Butterworths securities and financial services law handbook.
15th ed, 2v. Edited by Deborah Sabalot. LexisNexis, 2014.
- Business ethics and values. 4th ed. Fisher et al. Pearson,
- Financial services law. 3rd ed. Edited by George Walker, Robert
Purves and Michael Blair. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Internal models and Solvency II. Paolo Cadoni (ed). Risk Books,
- Export credit insurance and guarantees: a practitioner's guide.
Zlatko Salcic. Palgrave MacMillan, 2014.
- Credit risk modelling: facts, theory and applications. Terry
Benzschawel. Risk Books, 2014.
- Adapting Basel III and the financial crisis. Bogie Ozdemir and
Peter Miu. Risk Books, 2014.
- Construction insolvency: security, risk and renewal in
construction contracts. 5th ed. Richard Davis. Sweet & Maxwell,
- Risk and negligence in wills, estates and trusts.
2nd ed. Martyn Frost, Penelope Reed and Mark
Baxter. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Disability rights handbook 2014-2015. 39th ed.
Ian Greaves. Disability Rights UK, 2014.
- The law of securities, commodities and bank accounts: the
rights of accounts holders. Marek Dubovec. Edward Elgar, 2014.
- Construction all risks insurance. Paul Reed. Sweet &
- Principles of risk management and insurance.
12th ed. George Rejda, Michael McNamara. Prentice
Hall, 2014 (US).
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer on financial services:
investigations and enforcement. 3rd ed. Freshfields
Bruckhaus Deringer. Bloomsbury Professional, 2014.
- Incorporating and disincorporating a business. Mark McLaughlin,
Jackie Anderson. Bloomsbury Professional, 2014.
- The market for retirement financial advice. Olivia Michell,
Kent Smetters (eds). Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Costs and benefits of collective pension systems. Onno
Steenbeek, Fieke van der Lecq. Springer-Verlag, 2010.
- Trends in European life insurance savings business. FIMI, 2014.
- Effects of insurance on maritime liability law: a legal and
economic analysis. M M Billah. Springer, 2014.
- Contractual indemnities. Wayne Courtney. Hart Publishing,
- Business protection simplified. A A Granger. Management Books
- Life assurance company management: a universal primer. 2nd ed.
B C Benfield. Primary Asset Administrative Services, 2013.
- Technological solutions or modern logistics and supply chain
management. Zongwei Luo. Business Science Reference, 2013.
- Regulating credit rating agencies. Aline Darbellay. Edward
Elgar Publishing, 2013.
- Mastering operational risk. Tony Blunden, John Thirlwell.
Financial Times/Prentice Hall, 2013.
- Pension choices: a tax guide 2013-14. Robert Gaines. Claritax
- Employers' liability and workers' compensation. Ken Oliphant,
Gerhard Wagner (eds). De Gruyter, 2012.
- Exploring strategy: texts and cases. Gerry Johnson, Richard
Whittington, Kevan Scholes. Financial Times/Prentice Hall,
- A practitioner's guide to financial services investigations and
enforcement. 2nd ed. Angela Hayes, Carlos Conceicao (ed). Sweet
& Maxwell, 2014.
- Dictionary of finance and banking. 5th ed. University of
Oxford. Oxford University Press, 2014.
- Insurance law in the United Kingdom. 2nd ed. John Birds. Kluwer
Law International, 2014.
- Law, bubbles and financial regulation. Erik F Gerding.
- Manual of accounting. PricewaterhouseCoopers. Bloomsbury
- Business accounting. 12th ed. Frank Wood, Alan Sangster.
Financial Times Prentice Hall, 2012.
- Financial institutions management: a risk management approach.
7th ed. Anthony Saunders, Marcia Millon. McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Drive: the surprising truth about what motivates us. Daniel H
Pink. Canongate Books, 2009.
- Intelligent M&A: navigating the mergers and acquisitions
minefield. Scott Moeller, Chris Brady. Wiley, 2007.
- Marine insurance legislation. 5th ed. Robert Merkin. Informa
Law (Routledge), 2014.
- Competition law and financial services. David Harrison.
- Legal challenges in the global financial crisis: bail-outs, the
euro and regulation. Wolf-Georg Ringe, Peter M Huber (eds). Hart
- Nutshells equity and trusts. 9th ed. Michael Haley. Sweet &
- Research handbook on intellectual property licensing. Jacques
de Werra (ed). Edward Elgar Publishing, 2013.
- Research handbook on money laundering. Brigitte Unger and Daan
van de Linde (eds). Edward Elgar Publishing, 2013.
- Partnership disputes. Michael Reynolds, James Davies. Sweet
& Maxwell, 2013.
- Reinsurance arbitrations. Kyriaki Noussia. Springer-Verlag,
- Handbook of insurance. 2nd ed. Georges Dionne (ed). Springer,
- Continuing professional development: lifelong learning of
millions. Andrew L Friedman. Routledge, 2012.
- Options, futures and other derivatives. 8th rev ed. John C
Hull. Pearson Education, 2012.
- Aircraft financing. Rob Murphy, Nasreen Desai (eds). 4th ed.
Euromoney Books, 2011.
- Strategic alignment: how to align the organisation with its
current and the future enironment. 2nd ed. Norman Chorn. Woodslane
- Derivatives regulation and legal risk: managing uncertainty in
derivatives transactions. Euronomy Books, 2004.
- Tolley's guide to disclosure of information by occupational and
personal pension schemes. Sally Ling. LexisNexis, 2014.
- Tolley's guide to qualifying recognised overseas pension
schemes. 4th ed. Alec Ure. LexisNexis, 2014
- Ethics and finance: an introduction. John Hendry. Cambrudge
University Press, 2013.
- Investing in emerging and frontier markets. Kamar Jaffer (ed).
- Practical corporate governance: for smaller quoted companies.
2nd ed. John Mellor. Jordan, 2013.
- Operational decision-making in high-hazard organizations:
drawing a line in the sand. Jan Hayes. Ashgate, 2013.
- Finance: fundamental problems and solutions. Zhiqiang Zhang.
- Insurance and reinsurance: jurisdictional comparisons. Nigel
Brook. Thomson Reuters, 2012.
- Tolley's income tax 2013-14. David Smailes and Rebecca
Benneyworth. 98th ed. LexisNexis, 2013.
- Life insurance and pensions in Spain: market profile and
challenges for the future. Finance Insurance Market Intelligence
(FIMI), 2013. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- European life and non-life bancassurance. Finance Insurance
Market Intelligence (FIMI), 2012. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- Life insurance and pensions in Italy: market profile and
challenges for the future. Finance Insurance Market
Intelligence (FIMI), 2013. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- Distribution of insurance products through post offices in
Europe. Finance Insurance Market Intelligence (FIMI), 2013.
- Can the French life insurance market rebound from the record
net outflows seen in 2012? Finance Insurance Market Intelligence
(FIMI), 2013. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- The subsidence handbook: a practical guide to subsidence in
domestic property. Subsidence Forum. Royal & SunAlliance,
- Pensions on divorce. 2nd ed. Fiona Hay, Edward Hess, David
Lockett. Sweet & Maxwell, 2013.
- Asbestos the future risk. Barbara Hadley, Tom Rennell. Iskaboo
- New trends in European life insurance in 2012: individual
savings, pensions and retirement income
business. Finance Insurance Market Intelligence (FIMI),
2012. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- Does mis-selling threaten the viability of the life insurance
business model? Finance Insurance Market Intelligence
(FIMI), 2012. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- New trends in European variable annuity
business. Finance Insurance Market Intelligence (FIMI),
2013. [REFERENCE ONLY]
- New trends in European life insurance protection business.
Finance Insurance Market Intelligence (FIMI), 2013. [REFERENCE
- New trends in European pensions and retirement income
business. Finance Insurance Market Intelligence (FIMI), 2013.
- Commodity investing and trading. Stinson Gibner (ed). Risk
- Insider dealing: law and practice. Sarah Clarke. Oxford
University Press, 2013.
- A practitioner's guide to the UK financial services rulebooks.
6th ed. Ruth Fox, Ben Kingsley (eds). Sweet & Maxwell,
- A practitioner's guide to the regulation of investment banking.
Simon Gleeson, Clifford Chance (eds). Sweet & Maxwell,
- Compensating asbestos victims: law and the dark side of
industrialization. Andrea Boggio. Ashgate, 2013.
- Wills and inheritance protocol. The Law Society. Law Society,
- Restructuring and workouts: strategies for maximising value.
2nd ed. Ben Larkin. Globe, 2013.
- Joint ventures and shareholders' agreement. 4th ed. Susan
Singleton. Bloomsbury Professional, 2013.
- Taxing global digital commerce. Arthur Cockfield et al. Kluwer
Law International, 2013.
- Liquidity modelling. Rev ed. Robert Fiedler. (Risk Books