A list of recent book purchases by month, from May to December
2012. To view these and the full collection, please visit
the library catalogue. Most
of these books can be borrowed by CII members, and a postal service
is available. For further information, please contact the library
at email@example.com or
call 0207 417 4415/3574.
- Taxation of intellectual property. 3rd ed. Anne Fairpo (Tottel
- The law and practice of international capital markets. 3rd ed.
Geoffrey Fuller (LexisNexis, 2012).
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: turning the American dream into a
nightmare. Oonagh McDonald (Bloomsbury USA, 2012).
- VAT and financial services. Mark Chesham (London: Spiramus
- Marine insurance clauses. 5th ed. Tim Madge, Geoffrey Hudson,
Keth Sturges (London: Informa Law, 2012).
- The era of global transition: crises and opportunities in the
new world. Robert W Davies (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012).
- Tolley's tax planning 2012/13. Robin Farrow (ed) (LexisNexis,
- A practitioner's guide to trusts. 9th ed. John Thurston
(Haywards Heath: Bloomsbury Professional, 2011).
- Capital asset investment and strategic financial
decision-making. Anthony F Herbst (London: WIley, 2002).
- Tort law and its implications for the Chinese insurance market
[Conference documentation] Association Internationale pour
l'Etude de l'Economie de l'Assurance. (Geneva
- New regulatory and supervisory landscape. Who runs the show and
who pays the bill? [Conference documentation] Association
Internationale pour l'Etude de l'Economie de l'Assurance. (Geneva
- Operational risk: new frontiers explored. Ellen Davis (ed)
(Risk Books, 2012).
- Tax planning 2012/13. Danby Bloch (ed) (London: Taxbriefs,
- The investments suite. Sarah Dingley-Brown (Devon: SDB
- Income tax 2012/13. Sarah Laing (Haywards Heath: Bloomsbury
- International finance: law and regulation. 3rd ed. Hal Scott,
Anna Gelpern (Sweet and Maxwell, 2012).
- MacGillivray on insurance law. 12th ed. John Birds, Ben Lynch,
Simon Milnes (Sweet and Maxwell, 2012).
- The tax and trusts suite. Sarah Dingley-Brown (SDB Training,
- Capital gains tax calculations. Sarah Dingley-Brown (SDB
- Financial calculations. Sarah Dingley-Brown (SDB Training,
- Quantitative operational risk models. Catalina Bolance et al
(Chapman & Hall, 2012). Also available as an
- Tolley's expatriate tax planning 2012-13. Amanda Sullivan
- Fire prevention on construction sites: the joint code of
practice [...] 8th ed. Fire Protection Association (2012).
- Capital allowances: transactions and planning 2012/13. Martin
Wilson, Steven Bone (Bloomsbury Professional, 2012).
- Aviation insurance: a planeman's guide. 2nd ed. Peter J C
Viccars (Witherby, 2012).
- Requirements for electrical installations: IET wiring
regulations. 17th ed. The Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Charlesworth and Percy on negligence. 12th ed. Christopher
Walton et al (Sweet and Maxwell, 2010).
- Research handbook on international
insurance law and regulation. Edited by Julian Burling and
Kevin Lazarus. Elgar, 2011.
- Plunkett's insurance industry
almanac 2012. Edited and published by Jack W. Plunkett.
- A guide to insurance combining
governance, compliance and regulation. Nigel Feetham and Robin
Amos. Spiramus, 2012.
- Risk modelling in general
insurance: from principles to practice. Roger J Gray, Susan M
Pitts. Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Risk assessment tools, techniques
and their applications. Lee T. Ostrom, Cheryl Wilhelmsen.
- Insurance and war: political
economy of marine security and risk. Luis Lobo-Guerrero.
- Insurance systems in times of
climate change: insurance of buildings against natural hazards.
Cornel Quinto. Springer, 2012.
- Corporate governance in India.
Jayaki Sarkar, Subrata Sarkar. Sage Publications, 2012.
- Marketing death: culture and the
making of a life insurance market in China. Cheris Sun-ching
Chan. Oxford University Press (USA), 2012.
- St James's Place tax guide
2012-13. W I Sinclair. Palgrave, 2012.
- Bank and insurance capital
management. Frans de Weert. Wiley, 2011.
- Business ethics and corporate
governance. Mike Hodgins, Philip Shrives. Custom Pub Co,
- Credit scoring, response
monitoring and insurance rating: a practical guide to forecasting
consumer behavior. 2nd ed. Steven Finlay. Palgrave Macmillan,
- Global perspectives on corporate governance and CSR. Guler
Aras, David Crowther (Gower, 2009).
- Essential reads for global leaders. Harvard Business Review.
(Harvard Business School Publishing, 2012).
- Tax efficient retirement planning. Alec Ure, Gavin Moffat
(Haywards Heath: Bloomsbury Professional, 2012).
- Wills: a short history. Michael Claydon. London: Haggerston
- A practitioner's guide to trade and commodity finance. Geoffrey
Wynne (London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2012).
- Aviation law : cases, laws and related sources. Paul Laursen,
John Gillick, Joseph Sweeney (Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff,
- Practitioner's guide to conflicts of interest in the financial
services industry. Dick Frase, Robert Helm, Martin Day (London:
Sweet & Maxwell, 2012).
- Emerging risks: a strategic management guide. Catherine
Raimbault, Anne Barr (Gower Publishing, 2012).
- Tax efficient retirement planning. 2nd ed. Alec Ure, Gavin
Moffatt (Bloomsbury Professional, 2012).
- Collaborative leadership in financial services. Philip Ullah
(Gower Publishing, 2012).
- Strategy mapping for learning organisations: building agility
into your balanced scorecard. Phil Jones (Gower Publishing,
- The globalisation of corporate governance: the challenge of
clashing cultures. Adrian Davies (Gower Publishing, 2011).
- Corporate governance. 5th ed. Robert Monks and Nell Minow
(Chichester, Wiley, 2012).
- Casebook on torts. 12th ed. Richard Kidner (Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 2012).
- International survey of investment adviser regulation. 3rd ed.
Marcia MacHarg and Kenneth Berman (Biggleswade: Wolters Kluwer,
- Business performance measurement. 2nd ed. Andy Neely
(Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- Employment law: the essentials. 11th ed. David Lewis et al
(London: CIPD, 2011).
- EFAMA fact book: trends in European investment funds. 9th ed.
European Fund and Asset Management Association (Belgium: EFAMA,
- Life insurance risk management essentials. Michael Koller
(Heidelberg: Springer, 2011).
- European prudential banking regulation and supervision. Larisa
Dragomir (Abingdon: Routledge, 2010).
- The route map to business continuity management: meeting the
requirements of ISO 22301. 2nd ed. John Sharp (London: BSI,
- Insurance claims. 3rd ed. Alison Padfield (Haywards Heath,
Bloomsbury Professional, 2012).
- Clinical negligence: a practical guide. 7th ed. Charles Lewis
and Andrew Buchan (Haywards Heath: Bloomsbury Professional,
- A practitioner's guide to inside information. 2nd ed. Brian
McDonnell (London: Thomson Reuters, 2012).
- Tolley's guide to disguised remuneration. Alec Ure (London:
- Marine insurance: law and practice. 2nd ed. F D Rose (London:
Informa Professional, 2012).
- The handbook of integrated risk management in global supply
chains. Panos Kouvelis (Hoboken, N J: Wiley, 2012).
- Risk management and financial institutions. 3rd ed. Hoken, N J:
- Risk assessment: theory, methods and applications. Marvin
Rausand (Wiley, 2011).
- Guide to project management.(Harvard Business Review,
- On leadership. (Harvard Business Review, 2011).
- On strategy. (Harvard Business Review, 2011).
- On managing yourself. (Harvard Business Review,
- The essentials [of management]. (Harvard Business Review,
- On change management. (Harvard Business Review,
- Risk assessment: theory, methods and applications. Marvin
Rausand. (London: Wiley, 2011).
- Reinsurance: the nuts and bolts. 3rd ed. Keith Riley
(Edinburgh: Witherby, 2012).
- The mathematics of derivatives securities with applications in
MATLAB. Mario Cerrato (Chichester: Wiley, 2012).
- Tolley's guide to the occupational pension schemes survey 2010.
Roger Self (London: LexisNexis, 2012).
- Innovative thinking in risk, crisis and disaster
- Local authority liability. 5th ed. John Morrell and Richard
Foster (Bristol: Jordans, 2012).
- Mastering your business dissertation: how to conceie, research
and write a good business dissertation. Robert Lomas (Abingdon:
- Carver on bills of lading. 3rd ed. Gunter H Treitel, Thomas
Carver and Francis Reynolds (London: Sweet & Maxwell,
- Writing your dissertation: the best-selling guide to planning,
preparing and presenting first-class work. 3rd ed. Derek and Ruth
- Model form of general conditions of contract for the supply of
electrical, electronic or mechanical plant. 5th ed. Institution of
Mechanical Engineers (Stevenage: Institution of Engineering and
- How to draft and interpret insurance policies. 2nd ed. Kenneth
Wollner, Richard Scislowski and Jeffrey Woodward (Dallas:
International Risk Management Institute, 2010).
- Researching and writing dissertations: a complete guide for
business students. Roy Horn (London: CIPD, 2009).